About Fremont Public Library
Location & Hours
1004 W. Toledo Street in Fremont, Indiana
Mailing address is:
Fremont Public Library
PO Box 616
Fremont, IN 46737
Monday-Thursday 9 am – 7:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Curbside Service Available
Library Policies & Information
- Circulation Policies
- Courtesy & Safety
- Library Cards
- FPL Friends
- FPL Board
- Meeting Rooms
- Media Lab
Videos, Views & Launchpads– 1 week
Magazines & NEW Books– 2 weeks
Books– 3 weeks
Audio Books & Playaway Audio Books– 4 weeks
RENEWALS: No renewal on NEW items, videos, views, launchpads, holiday/display books, or any item on hold for another patron; Two renewals on all other items. For your convenience, items may be renewed at the circulation desk, by phone, or online. All items may be returned in the outside drop box.
LATE FEES PER BUSINESS DAY: $0.05 for books, magazines and audios; $0.25 for videos.
CIRCULATION LIMITS: 25 items total (Adult); 10 total (Juvenile); 5 video; 5 New items; 3 holiday or display items.
LOST ITEMS: Patrons shall be charged the current replacement cost, plus handling when applicable. Charges are refundable less any accumulated overdue fines if the item is returned in undamaged and fully functional shape within ninety (90) calendar days after being declared lost. Refunds will either be paid after the next Board of Trustees meeting or be carried as a credit balance on the patron’s account.
DAMAGED ITEMS: If items are beyond repair, the patron will be charged the current replacement cost. Patrons should not attempt to repair damaged library material themselves. All damaged items shall remain the property of the library whether replaced, repaired or destroyed.
LOST LIBRARY CARD: Charge is $1.00.
Borrowing privileges may be suspended for fines exceeding $3.00, for overdue and/or lost library materials.
- Children under 8 years of age must have an adult or mature teen caregiver in the library with them. The library does not provide childcare or latchkey care.
- Police and/or Child Protective Services will be contacted when unattended minors unable to get home by themselves are left on library property at closing.
- Any individual being disruptive will be asked to leave the library.
- Cell phone use is restricted to the lower lobby and entrance foyer.
- Computer use is limited to 2 hours.
To be eligible for a library card you must meet one of these criterion:
- Be a resident of Fremont, Jamestown or Clear Lake Townships;
- Pay property taxes in the above townships;
- Have a Fremont Community Schools Identification Card.
Without one of these three qualifications you must either:
- Purchase a nonresident card. Available to residents of Indiana who live outside our taxing district.
- Present a Public Library Access Card from your home library. PLAC borrowers at FPL are restricted to books and audios.
- Present a valid card from our reciprocal library, Carnegie Public Library. Includes use of all collections; no ILL.
Borrowers must be at least five years of age.
Children under 18 will need a parent/legal guardian’s signature.
Adults are asked to present identification (i.e., driver’s license) and proof of eligibility.
Friends of the Fremont Library meets at 1pm January 28th. Please call for other dates in 2020.
Stop and browse the gently-used books for sale on the shelf in the lower-level lobby.
Fremont Public Library Board
President – Lon Keyes
Vice President – Rick Rossi
Secretary – Diane McArdle
Treasurer – Harold Arndt
Member – Robyn Coatney
Member – Brian Kaiser
Member – Sally Heller
Member – Delores Howarth
2021 BOARD MEETINGS
All regular Board meetings are open to the public and start at 6:30 p.m.
Monday, January 25, 2021 @6:15 pm Board of Finance
Monday, January 25, 2021
Monday, February 22, 2021
Monday, March 22, 2021
Monday, April 26, 2021
Monday, May 24, 2021
Monday, June 28, 2021
Monday, July 26, 2021
Monday, August 23, 2021
Monday, September 27, 2021
Monday, October 25, 2021
Monday, November 22, 2021
Monday, December 20, 2021*
* Varies from the fourth Monday because of holiday or school vacation.
- Public Wi-Fi
- Interlibrary loan via IN-SRCS
- 30 public computers / Internet / Microsoft Office
- Outgoing Fax ($1.75 first page, $1 per each additional page)
- Public copier/scanner (10 cents per page/ free scan to email)
- Tax forms
- PLAC cards
- Outdoor drop box for after-hour returns
- Reciprocal agreement with Carnegie Public Library of Steuben County
Please stop by the front desk to fill out a meeting request form.
The FPL board welcomes the use of library meeting rooms to non-profit, non-commercial groups engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, and charitable activities. Due to limited custodial time, rooms are not available for purely social functions.
Library events take precedence over all other scheduled events. The library reserves the right to change or cancel a meeting room reservation if necessary. Meeting rooms are reserved during operating hours and are free of charge. Limited after hours use may be possible depending on staff availability and approval of the director.
Rooms are not reserved on Sundays or dates when the library is closed. Keys to the library are not given out.
Exceptions to policy must be board approved.
Program Room (Main Level)
Seating: 4 low tables, 24 chairs, puppet theatre, craft cart
Legal capacity 60
Community Room (Lower Level)
Seating: 9 tables w/locking wheels for ease of setup, additional 9 tables (heavy), 72 chairs
Equipment: screen, projection cart, portable mic, portable whiteboard, easels, podium, refrigerator, sink and microwave
Legal capacity 198
The Media Lab has digital conversion equipment, a sewing machine, a button-maker, Ellison die-cutter and computers. Make an appointment to use the lab or to get computer assistance.